How to clean wooden utensils in 2020
How to clean wooden utensils? There are many wooden utensils that we can accumulate in a house, and although we all usually wash them with a little soap and water, there may be other methods that are much more effective and recommended. Let's see below a simple step guide so you know how to clean all those wooden utensils that we have in places like the kitchen.
The wooden boards of cutting vegetables or sausages, the wooden spoons with which you move the ingredients when cooking them or the shovels to turn the food while it is on fire, usually end up being accumulating fat, dirt and also of course ... bacteria, so it will not be enough to clean with just a little water and soap, since you may not remove dirt and also maybe put the quality of the wood at risk.
All wooden utensils require proper cleaning with detergents that respect the porosity of this material. The most important thing is that do not wash them in the dishwasher since the wood is very porous and with a high degree of absorption, the use of chemicals is also discouraged so we see what to do.
How to clean wooden utensils step to step guide
1. First of all, as soon as you have bought the utensils and the wooden cutting boards, you should wash them for 5 minutes in hot water. Specifically, the cutting board should be treated with seed oil (it can be olive or sunflower), smearing the entire surface twice a day. This procedure should be repeated a couple of times a year.
2. If the cutting board has a shiny surface, it can be maintained with a few drops of flaxseed oil that we can pass with a sponge.
3. As for subsequent uses, it is necessary to clean the wooden cutting boards very well to remove food waste with a brush for household cleaning.
4. To last even longer, these tools should be treated with care, especially at the time of washing. In fact, it is very important to remove any food or grease residue after using the utensil, so that they are not stained indelibly.
5. For cutting boards, pastry tables, ladles, rollers, and wooden spoons, normal washing can be done with warm water and a few drops of Marseille soap. It is possible to rub the parts that need more cleaning with a scourer, rinse with warm water and clean with a dry cloth. Subsequently, they should be allowed to dry in an upright position to ensure that the remains of water evaporate completely so that mold does not form.
6. Meanwhile, deeper cleaning is also recommended, especially with regard to cutting boards. Pour coarse salt and rub the inside of a lemon cut in half, the use of coarse salt is useful to eliminate food waste. Then rinse with warm, clean water with a clean, dry cloth, letting it air dry in an upright position.
7. Another help in this regard is the use of vinegar for cleaning wooden utensils: this is the fastest solution to use in the case where, for example, there is a need to quickly clean the cutting board between one use and another for different foods. Simply apply a few drops of vinegar to the cutting board, rub with a sponge and rinse with hot water.
8. To clean wooden utensils and cutting boards, it is also very useful to rub the surfaces vigorously with baking soda and lemon juice. Then they should be allowed to dry in the open air so that the sun's rays perform a disinfectant action.
In recent years I have decided to buy several wooden utensils as they help me to take care of and keep my pans and pots in excellent condition.
Many people have told me that it is better those that are made of plastic, aluminum or other materials since they are easier to clean.
But today I will share four different methods to wash and clean all your kitchen tools.
Many times our utensils can deteriorate but if you use lemon to clean them, you can eliminate odors, bacteria and they will look better.
All you have to do is cut a lemon and rub it on each spoon or instrument, then rinse it with water and dry with a soft cloth.
This trick is simple but you should not do it so often for your wood to last. In a liter of water, add half a glass of hydrogen peroxide and submerge the cutlery. Let them soak for 1 full day and let them dry.
Do not expose them to the sun so that the wood does not clear up. After this, if you like, you can wash them or leave them like that until their next use.
HOT WATER AND LAVATRASTES
This is one of the simplest and fastest methods. You just have to wash them with very hot water and the usual dishwasher and this will help you eliminate any bacteria and dirt.
By using this kind of utensils many times, they have to look older and used, if you want them to regain their new appearance, soak them in vinegar for 30 minutes and then wash them. These tips will make your wooden utensils look flawless and with a new look.