How to Clean Wooden Spoons in 2020
Wooden Spoons are essential for all kitchen. But cleaning them is also important from accumulating bacteria. There are some tips how to clean wooden spoons. And they never melt or burn because of wood.
And all my family members use spoons which are made of wood. The wooden ladle is most comfortable to use. You can use this and make good food for your family.
It needs to clean the booby prize by hand. You never use dishwater. Because of beautiful cooking spoon can damage if you don’t take care of it properly.
After using this scoops your mind searching one burning question: How to clean the wooden spoons?
How to Clean Wooden Spoons
Clean After Use:
- First, dip your melon spoon under warm water after use. Don’t use dishwater because it contains bacteria. And for wet it can be cracked.
- Wash it by hand. Everyday wash you use warm water and mild dish detergent. You never wash it by dishwasher because it can cause damage. Scrub with your fingers or other dish cleaning pad.
- After washing you need to dry it. Use a clean dry towel to dry your mugger. Before storing let it dry fully. Because moisture can cause cracking.
Use Home Remedies:
- Use a pair of rubber gloves for washing. Wear gloves before cleaning then clean it carefully.
- Use baking soda and lemon juice to remove food stains. In a bowl take a little amount of baking soda and lemon juice, as it makes a paste for the clean spoon. Create the paste depending on its size. Use your fingers or a clean cloth to do this work.
- Then wash it by water and repeat if necessary.
- You can mix a coarse salt with the paste if you want. Because of more abrasion.
Use Hydrogen peroxide:
Keep your spatula into a pan, sink or basin and use hydrogen peroxide all over of your utensil. Use a clean cloth/sponge or your hands to the surface of your scoop. Now sit it for a few minutes as if it kills germs. Wash with warm water using your hands or a clean cloth.You can do it again and again if you needed any more.
In this system, you need to mix equal parts of vinegar and hot water into a bowl to create a solution. Dip the ladle into the solution and soak it about half an hour. Wash with hot water and dry immediately with a towel.You can also add a little part of lemon juice to remove the vinegar smell.
Use a mild bleach solution:
Use a large bowl or dishpan and into it take a small part of bleach and with hot water fill the remainder. The ratio of the solution is one part of bleach and 20 parts of hot water. Keep the spatula into the solution and wash it for a few minutes.
Wash the ladles with hot water more and more to remove any residual bleach then dry it with a towel and sit it air out.
Conditioning wooden spoons:
- Check your spoons for any signs of splitting or cracking. Examine that has it any fuzz on it because of it wet for a long time.
- If you notice any discoloration on your ladle then condition it, sanding rough surfaces.
- You can also make a routine for a check-up of your utensils and treat them carefully.
Use steel wool or sandpaper:
- After examine if you find any fuzzy, it contains from the soaking. If the fuzzy contains a little bit, then take fine-grit sandpaper and carefully smooth the scoops. If you want you can use coarser sandpaper first and finishing time you can use grit sandpaper.
- Use 100, 200 and 400 grit sandpaper.
- If you want to use coarser sandpaper, firstly wet the spoons between sand sessions. Wash it with hot water and dry with a towel then sit out air for half an hour or so.
- Final time when you use fine-grit sandpaper, wet it and do your work.
Wooden spoon brightness:
To shine or bright your spatula you need to condition it. For this, you can use a paper towel or a small clean cloth to condition it by oil. Then sit it for about 20 minutes. And unoiled it with another clean unoiled cloth.
You can use different types of oils:
- Mineral oil or a food-safe oil
- Coconut oil
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Non-toxic oil
At last, in the description you know how to clean your wooden spoons, so you need to maintain it well and conditioning it. Then it looks very shiny and lasts a long time. Now all family members use it freely, so you can also do it and maintain it well. If you follow these rules your scoops remain a long time.