Electric wood splitters work by an electric engine that plugs directly into a standard home through an extension cord. Typically, an electric line contains 100-105 volts. The Best Electric wood splitters run much quieter than a traditional wood splitter.
If you look from a decorative point of view, every person wishes to create a beautiful, well-maintained home. Most people want a beautiful garden area with a well-decorated portico.
So why not have a valuable tool like an electric wood splitter that will do the decorative part for you and make a brightly little fireplace to keep you warm. It can also be used easily in your basement or barn outdoors.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Electric Wood Splitters Reviews:
- 1. Best Overall: Power Smart Log Splitter, Standard 6 Ton Best Electric Log Splitter
- 2. Best Portable: WEN 56207 6.5 Ton Electric Log Splitter, Best Electric Wood Splitter
- 3. Best Industrial: Boss Industrial Es7T20-CW 7 Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 4. Best Powerful: Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter, 7 Ton Electric Hydraulic Wood Splitter
- 5. Best for The Money: Earthquake 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
- Electric Wood Splitter Buying Guide:
- Safety Tips:
- FAQ: of Electric Wood Splitters
- Final Words:
Top 5 Best Electric Wood Splitters Reviews:
- Best Overall: Power Smart Log Splitter
- Best Portable: WEN 56207 6.5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
- Best Industrial: Boss Industrial Es7T20-CW 7 Ton Log Splitter
- Best Powerful: Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter
- Best for The Money: Earthquake 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
1. Best Overall: Power Smart Log Splitter, Standard 6 Ton Best Electric Log Splitter
Material’s specification: This log splitter has 6-Ton of RAM force that can split logs up to 21″L and 10″ in diameter. Above that, with a 22-second cycle time, the log splitter quickly cuts through another record.
Design: Power Smart Log Splitter, PS90 6-Ton 15 Amp Electric Log Splitter has a dual-handed operation system for increased safety and injury prevention. As cycle time is 22 seconds, you can cut a lot of firewood in a few hours.
Convenience: This best electric log splitter is easy enough to carry. Its weight is slightly over 100 pounds and has a very sturdy build quality. Due to this splitter’s standard size, you probably wouldn’t be facing any problem in handling and using it. It is also much easier to store, especially when stowed in an upright position.
- By using this splitter, any log up to 28 inches in diameter can cut through easily.
- Using this log splitter is an economical solution if your back is full of rods and screws.
- The splitter can cut wood so amazingly fast and in the most efficient manner because of its 6-ton splitting force.
- Another benefit of this splitter is its excellent portability. It comes with two wheels, which make it easy to move around.
- This splitter can’t split harder woods like live oak.
- The log splitter needs some assembly. So, it is hard to maintain.
Read Next: Best Commercial Wood Burning Tools
2. Best Portable: WEN 56207 6.5 Ton Electric Log Splitter, Best Electric Wood Splitter
Item delineation: This log splitter has a robust 15A, which provides over 13000 pounds of log cracking pressure. The log splitter has 5.5-inch never-flat wheels making it easy for transportation between jobs. You can split logs up to up to 10 inches in diameter and 20.5 inches in length. This kind of log splitter has the design of two-handed controls. Depending on user preferences, one can use this splitter with or without the 34-inch stand.
Design and Features: An entirely perfectly assemble WEN 56207 6.5-Ton Electric Log Splitter looks robust and attractive with or without stand. It is one of the slightest log splitters with around 97 pounds and is designed to be compact with a frame (38.5 x 28.25 x 39.25 LxWxH in inches). It has a 4-inch push plate and 5-inch wedge, and a 14.75-inch cylinder stroke.
- As a lighter splitter, it is much easier to handle, use and move around.
- Can cut through 14-inch Oak and Apple rounds.
- This electric wood splitter makes very little noise, which is highly appreciable. You can use it in your ward or garage without troubling neighbors.
- If you want to use this splitter with a stand, you need another person to help you assemble it. You can create it alone, but there is a risk of flipping it.
- WEN 56207 wood splitter is little a bit slower than its competitors.
Next Read: Best Wood fillers for deck
3. Best Industrial: Boss Industrial Es7T20-CW 7 Ton Electric Log Splitter
Object delineation: The dimensions of Boss Industrial Es7T20-W 7 Ton Electric Log Splitter is 13.5″ W x 20″ H x 39.5″ D with a feature of automatic ram return. Using this automatic ram return, you can get the job done in half time without any difficulties.
Quality and Efficiency: The Boss Industrial 7 Ton Log Splitter is equipped with a 1. 8 HP copper core electric motor. You can operate the log splitter with a single hand operator to stabilize the log while splitting. All boss industrial log splitters have a two-year warranty.
- This type of electric log splitter can cut one log into four with the boss 7 Ton log splitter and cross wedge.
- While the ram returns to the starting position, the splitter’s automatic return valve allows the operator to remove the split wood safely.
- This material has a convenient one-handed operation.
- The wheels of the splitter are large and not wobbly.
- Rolling this log splitter around uneven ground or grass is not easy.
- It is shallow to the ground, so you have to do the work on your hands and knees in most cases. You will have to move around a lot to get your next log.
Next Read: Best Wood Wax for Furniture
4. Best Powerful: Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter, 7 Ton Electric Hydraulic Wood Splitter
Model and outlook: This log splitter has a motor of 3.5HP, can bear a 7 Ton load; the volt is 2200 Watt, 3500RPM. It is a hydraulic as well as a portable electric log splitter. The net weight of the Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter is 104lbs.
Functionality: Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter can cut through up to 20-1/2-inch in length and 12-inch in Diameter log. This Item’s Ram Travel Distance is 15.7-inch, and Ram diameter is 1.18 Inches. This item has one year warranty.
Withstand: The Powerhouse XM-380 Electric Hydraulic Log splitter is designed to make less noise. It is also quite convenient to handle and assemble, and maintain. This machine is specifically designed for consumer use and not for professional jobs.
However, if you want to use this log splitter for professional use, it is better to buy two of these medium-weight
- This log splitter does a great job splitting live oak. It even splits tough logs like iron.
- A great safety feature is installable shield forces with the two-hand operation, which will prevent accidents.
- The safety feature automatically stops trying to split the log if it’s not able to do it.
- After the warranty expires, it is hard to find repair parts for this splitter if it breaks or damages.
- Instruction manual pictures are blurry and hard to understand.
Next Read: The 5 Best Commercial Wood Chipper Options
5. Best for The Money: Earthquake 5 Ton Electric Log Splitter
Item Details: This log splitter has 1500 watt with a 15 Amp Motor and 5-ton rated hydraulic system. It can also easily split logs up to 10” diameter and 20” in length. The splitter has sturdy transport wheels, which allow it smooth maneuver.
Convenient and versatility: This log splitter is gas-free, exhaust-free, and easy to run. There is no need to start an engine or deal with the noise and fumes. Everything that is required is a standard 120V outlet. When you are ready to split, plug it in.
It is a powerful and versatile machine that will allow you to split logs much more enjoyable and less time-consuming.
- You can choose this item for constant splitting because of its hydraulic components and high-quality materials like copper motor windings.
- Because of its incredibly transportable feature, it can be moved from job to job by merely lifting.
- In both kinds of logs, wet or dry, suitable for chopping with the device.
- This log splitter can cause problems with knotty and excess diameter woods.
- Not ideal for woods above 15-inch diameter.
Next Read: Top 5 Best PTO Wood Chippers Reviews
Electric Wood Splitter Buying Guide:
There are three things you should consider before you buy an electric wood splitter. By following these tips, you will find a suitable electric log splitter according to your need.
For example, like pine, softwoods may be perfectly handled by an electric splitter, but for stricter types of wood like oak, elm, locust, and cherry, you’ll need a heavier gas-powered wood splitter that has power to produce 25 tons or more of splitting pressure.
Things to Consider When Buying an Electric Wood Splitter:
Log splitters or electric wood splitters are rated by the number of tons of splitting pressure they produce. The more splitting cargo you have, the larger the log’s diameter and the more challenging the type of wood you’ll be able to separate. It does not matter whether gas or electric log splitter, models producing 5 or 6 tons will generally handle logs up to 10 inches in diameter. For larger logs with diameters up to 24 inches or so, you’ll need a splitter that produces 20 to 25 tons of splitting force. And for massive logs, a 35-ton capacity may be just fine.
Electric log splitters are designed to be smaller and lighter. Most electric models run between 5 and 6 tons to handle logs up to 10 inches in diameter without too much strain. Electric log splitter does not produce any fumes, so they are safe to use. You can also use this in the garage for splitting a few larger pieces for the fireplace on a cold night. The length of your extension cord limits you in terms of how far out in the yard you can go with your electric splitter.
For Splitting Larger Logs:
For logs more significant than 10 inches, gas-powered models are the only way to go as they produce the higher tonnages needed to split perfectly. Horizontal splitters are great for breaking pieces you can easily lift. But for heavier details of larger diameter, you’ll need to get a model that splits vertically.
Dual-wedge models are designed so that the log will continue to be split by the wedge on the opposite end if one wedge hits a knot. Also, look for models that are easy to clean and have heavy-duty hoses and connectors that will stay longer. And make sure the machine you choose has parts and services that are readily available.
Now that you have chosen your electric wood splitter and enjoyed working with it. But there might be some risk while using an electric log splitter.
- Be careful when you place the wood into the splitter.
- Always wear protective gear and appropriate clothing to protect yourself when you are splitting. Avoid wearing loose clothes.
- Maintain at least 10 feet away from the machine while switching it on.
- Suppose you’re using a splitter for the first time or using a new type of wood splitter. In that case, you must have an assistant to let you know how to operate appropriately and protect you from any accidents while managing.
- Lastly, please read the user manual and follow their instruction.
FAQ: of Electric Wood Splitters
1. How does the manual hydraulic log splitter work?
The manual log splitter uses a hydraulic to cut through the log. It has to be operated manually by pumping handles forth and back. Like pumping a jack-up, this hydraulic piston will push the timber and thus separate the wood by slicing/ splitting.
2. Does the log splitter require any maintenance or service?
Hydraulic gas engine-powered log or wood splitters do require standard inspection and service requirements. Maintenance can include oil changes, checking out leaks, lubricant service, etc.
3. Do I need to sharpen the wood splitter’s splitting wedge?
No, you don’t, if you are using it appropriately. It will remain sharp as long as you used it on woods, not abused.
4. The log splitter ram does not retract when the valve handle is pulled for return; what is wrong?
In this case, check for burrs or wood chips on the glide rail. Maybe it is preventing from sliding back into position, lubricate.
An electric wood splitter or log splitter is one of the most convenient machines that you can buy for splitting your wood. Besides helping you split your woods, it will also help you save a lot of your time and effort. However, using such kind of machine comes with a lot of factors that you must point out. So, before you grab one, you must evaluate accordingly. Please choose the best electric wood splitter and enjoy splitting with it.