Hi there, How are you doing today? Does your wood deck looks old and ugly, and are you looking forward to making it better by working few hours? If your answer is Yes, then the best deck paint for old wood is the perfect product for you: you can paint your deck to bring the wood back to life.
For the job, you need to works a little bit hard. Before applying paint to your deck, you have to clean the deck. To get the best result, make sure to clean your deck and select a high-quality product for your old wood deck.
You don’t have to worry about selecting a product: these paints are perfect for both worn and weathered wood. In this post, we are going to review the top 7 top-rated deck paint for old wood. So, all you need to do is: select one product from our list, clean the deck, and then apply the paint.
Top 6 Popular & Best Deck Paint for Old Wood Reviews
- Best Overall: KILZ Over Armor Textured Coating, 1 gallon, Slate Gray
- Best Heavy Duty: Rust-Oleum Restore 10X Advanced
- Best All in One: Olympic Rescue It Moderate Resurfacer Plus Sealant in One
- Best Versatile: CABOT SAMUEL 25200-07 INC Deck Correct
- Best Easy to Use: Liquid Rubber Cool Foot Deck and Dock Coating
- Best Budget Friendly: Rust-Oleum 319384 RockSolid 20X Deck Resurfacer
1. KILZ Over Armor Textured Coating, 1 gallon, Slate Gray
This KILZ Over Armor Textured Coating is an advanced and durable 100% acrylic resin formula solid color coating that brings weathered wood and old wood back to life. The KILZ Over Armor Textured Coating is an ideal option for bridge cracks, hides imperfections, and provides a beautiful look.
It is the perfect coating for weathered, cracked horizontal, vertical wood and composite surfaces: such as decks, porches, boat docks, and railings as well. It is not only perfect for wood surfaces also it is an ideal coating for concrete surfaces such as pool decks, sidewalks, and patios.
This 1-gallon KILZ Over Armor Textured Coating can cover up to 75 square feet. Before you apply this product, make sure to clean the surface. For Applying this coating, you can use a brush, roller, or sprayer.
With this paint, two coats are required for optimal durability & best results. For the second coat, you need to wait 4-6 hours, and it will take up to 72 hours for full-cure.
Note: The product is not recommended for drivable surfaces such as garage floors or driveways. So, Please doesn’t select it for garage floors or driveways.
- It brings weathered wood & old wood back to life
- Ideal for weathered, cracked horizontal, vertical wood, and concrete surfaces
- Perfect for bridge cracks, hides imperfections
- Can be used with a brush, roller, or sprayer
- You can clean up with soap and water
- The pain is quite hard to apply
- You need to clean the surfaces before you apply it
- You can’t apply this coating on your garage floors and driveway
Read Next: The 10 Wood Fillers Reviews
2. Rust-Oleum Restore 10X Advanced
The Rust-Oleum Restore 10X Advanced is a tint base deck resurfacer that will resurface most wooden decks and concrete surfaces. This durable coating is moisture, mildew, and weather-resistant.
It is ten times thicker than ordinary paint that provides long-lasting protection against moisture, mildew, and weather.
The Rust-Oleum Restore 10X Advanced will be ready for use in 48 hours. This one gallon of durable coating can cover up to 40 sq. ft with two coats that less than our first pick. But it is tintable to 60 custom colors, and it is one of the great features of this product.
However, it is safe and easy to use. You can easily apply it on almost all outdoor wood and concrete surfaces with restore (honeycomb) rollers.
- This Rust-Oleum Restore 10X Advanced is ten times thicker than other ordinary paints
- It is safe & easy to use with a restore roller
- It fills cracks up to 1/4 inch & seals splinters
- Ideal for almost all outdoor wood and concrete
- It is moisture, algae mildew, and superior weather-resistant
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- This one-gallon Rust-Oleum Restore 10X Advanced paint covers only 40 sq. ft with two coats
- You need to use it with restore honeycomb roller
- After two years, it may flake off
- It does peel
Read Next: Top 7 Brushes for Wood Stain
3. Olympic Rescue It Moderate Resurfacer Plus Sealant in One
This Olympic Rescue It Moderate Resurfacer Plus Sealant in One is all in one: It’s a resurfacer, primer, and sealer in one that is ideal for your old wood deck.
The Olympic Rescue It Moderate Resurfacer Plus Sealant in One is an acrylic-based product that prevents hairline cracks & splinters and provides a long-lasting fade and mildew-resistant surface that is durable and safe.
However, This product comes in a one-gallon can, and this one gallon can cover up to 75 sq ft with two coats. The product is ideal for porches, old decks, and sidewalks.
- It’s a resurfacer, primer, and sealer in one
- It’s a self-priming product
- Ideal for old worn or weathered wood
- It prevents hairline cracks & splinters
- The product is fade and mildew-resistant
- The product may not cover 75 sq. ft in two coats
- The product does peeling, bubbling, and cracking
- It is quite hard to apply
4. CABOT SAMUEL 25200-07 INC Deck Correct
This CABOT SAMUEL 25200-07 INC Deck Correct is yet another high-quality deck paint for old wood. It comes in a 1-gallon can that can cover up to 75 sq ft with two coats, and the product available in 51 colors.
The CABOT SAMUEL 25200-07 INC Deck Correct is a highly durable product that is ideal for weathered wood, concrete, decks, porches, and railings.
Therefore, it is super easy to use: you can apply it on your surfaces with nylon/polyester brushes or 3/8 inch roller nap. However, the product made in the USA, and most of the users are happy with this CABOT SAMUEL 25200-07 INC Deck Correct product.
- Ideal for weathered wood, concrete, decks, porches, and more
- Super easy to use
- It will be ready for use within 48 hours
- You can easily clean it with soap and water
- It is made in the USA
- It is not recommended & perfect for vertical surfaces
- It may peel
- The product is quite expensive
5. Liquid Rubber Cool Foot Deck and Dock Coating – Solar Protection Deck Paint
The Liquid Rubber Cool Foot Deck and Dock Coating – Solar Protection Deck Paint has excellent solar reflectivity and UV stability power. It’s water-based, non-flammable, and non-toxic that contains no solvents/VOCs, and it is ideal for wood, concrete, decks, docks, walls, fences, and more.
Luckily, it is safe for humans and pets: which means you can use it on indoor and outdoor surfaces. Also, it is super easy to use: you can use a brush, roller, or paint sprayer to apply this paint.
However, for normal traffic areas, the paint can cover up to 40 sq ft with 3-4 heavy coats. On the other hand, for the high-traffic areas, the product will cover up to 30 sq ft.
- It has solar reflectivity and UV stability power
- Perfect for wood, concrete, decks, docks, walls, and fences
- You can use it with a brush, roller, or paint sprayer
- It’s non-flammable, and non-toxic paint
- The product is safe for humans & pets
- The 1 gallon can cover only 30/40 square feet
- It is expensive
- It available only in three colors
6. Rust-Oleum 319591 RockSolid 20X Deck Resurfacer
If you’d like to restore and update heavily worn and weathered wood, then this Rust-Oleum 319591 RockSolid 20X Deck Resurfacer is an ideal product for you. It is not only perfect for wood, but you can also use it on your concrete and composite decks & patios.
It’s a durable coating that is 20x thicker than ordinary paint, and it can fill cracks up to 1/4 of an inch deep & repair minor surface defects as well.
This Rust-Oleum 319591 RockSolid 20X Deck Resurfacer comes in a four-gallon bucket, and four-gallon can cover up to 160 sq. ft. However, you need to use this coating with a RockSolid 20X roller to get the best result.
- The paint is 20x thicker than other ordinary paints
- Ii is ideal for heavily worn, weathered deck and patio surfaces
- The product comes in a 4-gallon bucket
- It updates & restores decks by providing adhesion, water resistance, and waterproofing protection
- The product repairs minor surface defects & fills cracks up to 1/4 of an inch deep
- It is 20x thicker than ordinary paints that’s why hard to apply
- You have to apply this product with only RockSolid 20X roller
- Some customers are complaining about the color
After few days of research, we provide you the top six deck paint for old wood reviews. Now we hope, you can easily select a high-quality product for your old wood deck.
Usually, replacing a deck is expensive. But you can restore & update your old wood deck with these paints. So, try out these products, and try to make your old & ugly old wood deck new.